Piercing and Body Modification Discussion.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day Three and Four | Healing

Go down

Day Three and Four | Healing Empty Day Three and Four | Healing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Day three: Ouch. Tongue feels bruised like you’ve accidently bitten both sides, have an ulcer under your tongue and then been punched by a donkey wearing bright pink oversized boxing gloves...

Note: If you have about an hour you can slowly and carefully eat through soft solids on your less swollen side. I managed chip shop chips (Yum!)
Pain: If you have ever caught your tongue under a pen lid flap (or stuck yourself with a fork) that’s what it feels like whenever you try and talk.. or yawn.. or eat... or... well you get the idea!
Advice: If you have or can get some of those ice lolly molds then making your own ice lollies out of smoothie (mixed with a bit of water so its freezer happy) is great because as they melt they are really soft and easy to eat!

Day Four: Pain is less today but sides of tongue are very sore. Teeth have made little indents either side and my tongue is quite literally ‘frilly.’ Eating is much easier but still takes a long time.

Note: Tongue is now a bit white and has started to lymph but its far too sore to remove the white coating with a toothbrush so I simply cleaned around the bars with SSS and a cotton bud and kept an eye on things.
Pain: Still sharp in places but has settled back down to the burned tongue stage, pain is still pretty constant unless treated.
Advice: Chamomile tea has been a great help here as it’s a mild analgesic and has helped to soothe the ‘frills’. Having it ice cold was particularly good!
Ku Ku
Ku Ku
Admin

http://www.bodypoetry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit